Hawkesbury’s community voice
People Not Parties is an independent group led by Mary Lyons-Buckett. As a candidate for the Hawkesbury Council 2021 elections, we pledge to be a local voice for the people. The team will work hard to promote growth while protecting valuable resources that make the Hawkesbury special and sustainable into the future.
Independent thinking, common goals.
We are true independents with proven track records working in our community.
We are committed to:
- Community participation and regular public forums
- Transparency and accountability of ratepayer fund expenditure
- Development only where appropriate and where it is supported by infrastructure and services
- Our local economy, agriculture, tourism, manufacturing and creative arts sectors
- Increased opportunities for apprenticeships and traineeships within Council
- Solutions to phase out sullage pump out services
- Continued advocacy for better public transport, traffic solutions, better services west of the river
- All areas receiving basic services, regular road maintenance, and cleaning of public spaces
- Effective utilisation of waste management services to reduce landfill
- Transition to a clean economy ASAP and embracing opportunities associated with new technologies
- Promotion of electric vehicles for Council fleet and a Hawkesbury electric vehicle charging network
- Community-lead resilience initiatives as part of emergency management planning
- Flood mitigation strategies to address the immediate issues around flood affectation
- Continuation of online Council meetings to cater for those unable to attend in person
- Investigation of the long term financial sustainability of the current local government model
- Access and inclusion for all
We are people from the Hawkesbury, for the people of the Hawkesbury.
Photo: Paul Caleo